5 Reasons Why Brag Tags are your
BEST CHOICE for Effective Classroom Management
Summer is here and I’m so happy to have the time to update a few popular resources from my store, do some bargain shopping and catch up on my blog! Thanks so much for sticking with me! If you follow me on Instagram, I’ve been much better about giving updates there on all the bargains and fun ideas I’ve been finding! So please take a look when you have a chance! Another great thing about summer is that as teachers, we have time to breathe! I like to use summer to think about what’s working and what’s not in my classroom. Maybe you do too? One thing I’d like for you to consider for this coming school year is changing up your classroom management system. A while back I wrote a blog about my Brag Tags system, which was a real miracle worker for my class! Once I got my (now NEWLY UPDATED!) Brag Tag system up and running, it was so easy to maintain! I loved seeing the changes in my students, and the atmosphere in my class, which was both remarkable and heart-warming! I urge you to give it some serious consideration and here’s why:
1. The most important element of any successful classroom management system is that it’s based on being proactive rather than reactive. Brag tags are right on point with this--as their purpose is to encourage productive and positive behavior, and to reward with positive attention. We know all too well, that ALL kids want attention, and if they don’t get it for positive behaviors, many times they’ll eventually try to get it for negative behaviors. The proactive structure of my Brag Tags set is the basis for its phenomenal success!
2. Another key element of a great classroom management system is that not only are classroom expectations made clear through its use, but they’re in positive language and are easy for the teacher to implement and maintain. Everything you need to set up my Brag Tag reward system is enclosed in the packet, including how, and when, to use each tag/necklace. At the end of this post, you can take a look at some of the ways that I organized the tags so that they’re easy to set up, maintain and distribute to students. Take a look!
3. Anytime you have a classroom management system that encourages cooperation you know you’re onto something good! The actions and character traits that Brag Tags recognizes definitely impress upon the kiddos how important it is to be helpful and cooperative. Creating that kind of climate in your classroom carries over into small group learning, whole group learning, and many other types of interactions in which cooperative learning is essential.
4. As teachers, we’re often, forced to spend so much of our time dealing with negative behavior that we don’t have the time, energy, or means to celebrate positive behavior! Here’s a vivid and sad example: At the beginning of the year we always learn the squirrely kids’ names first because we’re dealing with them so much right away, that we don’t learn the “quiet one’s” names until later! Sad, but true, eh? Brag Tags fixes that problem! When I first created this system a few years ago, I kept an ongoing list of all the positive behaviors that needed rewarding and that’s how I came up with many of the brag tags! For example: Giving extra effort, identifying many different (and wonderful!) character traits, and rule followers, just to name a few.
5. POSITIVITY! If a classroom management system is fun for both teacher and students it will automatically be successful! The psychology of ‘rewards over punishments’ will always win over strict rules and authoritarian management. The brag tags system creates so many opportunities to build your students self-esteem and raise their self-confidence level, all while making your classroom run much smoother! All of this equals LESS STRESS for YOU!
Here’s everything you’ll need to set up the Brag Tags system!:
And FYI...your little nuggets aren’t the only ones who’ll appreciate being recognized—check out what happened at the end of this year at my school!: Teachers and staff absolutely love being called out for their traits and successes too! In fact, here’s a REALLY FUN SET of staff brag tags for you!
So, this school year, consider saving your sanity and check out my brag tag system for managing your class with ease and FUN!
Here are some pics of how I use it!
Samples of each necklace that is included! 250+ options!
In this $1.99 container I found at Hobby Lobby, I store the key rings & binder clips + all the "future" tags. I organized each container with a purpose.
Click here or below to grab your set!
The first five to comment with your email & your favorite part of this blog post will win a set of these brag tags!