Saturday, July 7, 2012

Character Trait Student Recognition Necklaces

I didn't have a very good day yesterday. I was thinking about my nephew & just couldn't stop. I miss him so very much & it's kind of starting to feel more "real" each day & that just breaks my heart. I finally went to my to do list of requests to keep my mind busy & ended up with a super cute new product. I am so excited about this I can't stand it! 
The hubs is taking me to dinner tonight but I am making him make a pit stop @ Joann Fabrics. I plan on backing up each necklace with tie-dye scrapbook paper & then laminating. I personally make them into necklaces & my little nuggets are seriously obsessed with these. The parents absolutely love the recognition they get from me daily. My future students are so lucky..ha! Seriously...they are.
Click on any picture to check them out @ my TPT STORE. Make sure to follow me while you're there. After finishing this new product it made me all warm & fuzzy inside so I have a feeling I'm onto something here. I need to keep myself BUSY. I've been making loads of freebies & this has to be a paid product. It took me F...O...R...E...V...E...R! Feel free to pin :o) Oh, the first person to leave their email in a comment will get them for FREE! Thanks in advance for being my stalker. 


  1. These are adorable!

  2. These look awesome!

    Sparkles , Smiles, and Student Teaching

  3. These give me goosebumps just thinking about how excited the children will be to get them! They will feel 6 feet tall, for sure. Great job, Mel!

    Ѽ Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter

  4. I love this idea! I'm going to have to do something similar in Spanish for my kiddos. Thanks for sharing this great idea!

    Mrs. Castro's Class

  5. Do they get to keep the necklaces and how often do you pass them out?

  6. That is an adorable idea Mel!!! Your students are lucky to have you as their teacher! :)
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

  8. That is just wonderful to see - even from the other side of the world. I agree your students are really lucky to have you as their teacher.

    I haven't started blogging as a teacher yet, but it might just be on my to do list for my next holidays..

  9. What a fantastic idea! I just started following your blog, FB, and TPT store!


  10. These are fantastic! Love the colors and the variety=something for everyone! Would be great to get an entire school on the same program like this. Great job!
    ~Christy & Tammy

  11. These look fantastic!! Your students are so lucky!!

    The First Grade Dream

  12. These are so great! I can tell you spent a ton of time on them. I'm all about FREE but I'm seriously considering purchasing these.

  13. I love these! Such a great idea. What a nice way to teach your kids what qualities they want to have in your classroom.

  14. What a great idea! These look fantastic! This is a great way to encourage the right behavior. I am sorry about your nephew. You are in my prayers.

  15. I love these. I might have to borrow your idea and make a few in the superhero theme I'm working on for my room. You've inspired me. Your kids are going to be so excited about these!
    Ms. Kerri and her Krazy Kindergarten

  16. Love these!! I have a question: When you do this, are they just extra special rewards or do you try to do something every day? Also, do the kiddos get to keep them?

    1. I give them out when I see one of the kids demonstrating a specific trait & they get to wear the necklace all day. They love this & so do the parents! You can totally give them to them & let them keep them! I just don't have the ink for that :o)

  17. I love these! I'm a student in my first year of my teaching program, and I've found myself on your website quite a bit! Love your ideas :)