DO NOT INTERRUPT ME UNLESS YOU'RE ON FIRE! Yes, that has come out of my mouth...I admit it. I was talking to my student teacher today letting her know that I will be sporting this from time to time throughout the day............
It was a toss up between a tiara or a BiG fLuFfY PiNk BOA...it was a tough decision...should I mess with my hair & possibly get it stuck in my thick Latin mane? Or should I wear that fabulous boa & have feathers fall out all day like I am a chicken?!? I went with the tiara, it's just a natural fit according to my husband. Why would I be wearing a tiara in school you ask? Well, besides the fact that I feel like I was a princess in a former life, it's for my interrupting chicken nuggets I have in my class. We started Dibels this year...oh yay! I can't contain my excitement....GAG! Since I have very active chicken nuggets with MaJoR verbal overflow issues & a SeVeRe problem with interrupting me for no apparent reason I had to come up with a plan to get my progress monitoring done without interruption....HA! I was explaining my plan to my student teacher today & told her when you see me with this tiara on it means I am testing so I can't be interrupted & we need to explain this to the 23 students that just interrupted us while we chatted for 30 seconds....I know you experience the SAME thing, am I right? I put the tiara on & proceeded to give this whole presentation of how I was going to be testing & you CANNOT come up to me unless.....you're on fire! Did I just say that? We busted out laughing as you can imagine. I also thought of adding you CANNOT come up to me unless you are holding a body part....PUHLEAZE tell me you saw Kristin's Halloween post.....I think I had a mini heart attack & popped a few blood vessels in my face from laughing so hard. Check it out here.
Speaking of being on fire...................
Denise from Sunny Days in Second Grade gave me this award....................
Thank you so much Denise! I am so honored and over the moon excited that you thought of my lil ole blog! So here it goes....7
kinda weird "interesting" things about Mel D:
1. I have a major problem with buying things in 2's. I have always known that I had an issue with this but never realized how bad it was until today. As I am typing, I'm obsessing about NOT buying 2 sets of each sticker set I found at Joann Fabrics....I am ready to get in my car & drive back. It about KILLED me to walk out of there without 2 Scotch laminate packs of 50. I even had a talk with the cashier about how they need to rethink their ordering process because EVERY time I come in here with coupons pouring out of my purse ready to buy TWO 50 packs, I walk out with ONE! Their killing me..... slowly! I was
2. I have never tried cottage cheese IN MY LIFE & never will. The texture & how it got that way makes my skin crawl.
3. I am DEATHLY afraid of Chucky...yeah you know that evil creature that is a star in several movies. Seriously, I.HATE.HIM! He has brought me to tears before & I really don't appreciate it. At ALL! Here is a story about my evil aunts. I was home for the weekend from Ball State and my oldest aunt, Auntie G, tells me she "bought" me something & its in the closet. A gift?!? I LOVE presents! So I flew to the closet like a bat out of hell & guess what I see? Not a present. I see Chucky hanging by a rope...A ROPE! I screamed so loud & started to cry & hyperventilate all at the same time. Do you think they felt bad? Yeah, for like 30 seconds. Now at every family reunion this little panic attack of mine gets brought up. Not funny at all! I also have an
4. This next part is not an invitation to send me pictures via email or anything but I am also afraid of Cabbage Patch dolls. Raise your hand if you were scared of these little devils? Seriously, they moved in my room at night. As I got older & more mature, the dolls moved to the hall closet. Why I didn't throw them in the dumpster, I don't know. My evil brother...let me give you a background of JUST how evil he is. He gave me Nair for shampoo before. Enough said. Anywho, when I was in high school & would "sneak" in the house after curfew he would put them in my bed...my unmade bed or on my fan blades. He knew I would not dare turn the light switch on out of fear of waking up the warden (our dad). I would do an army crawl across the floor, whip my pants off, & shimmie myself under the covers without making a sound. And then I realized I was not in bed alone, they were next to me. Paybacks are tough brother...I still owe you a few BTW.
5. I didn't know how to do my laundry until I was in my late 20's. Dear Mom, my college roommate has a not so nice message for you.
6. This is not going to be a surprise to you but I do not cook nor do I want to learn. This is kind of like my dad wanting to teach me how to mow the lawn when I was a teenager...really?!? Why would I want to learn how to mow a lawn?!? I'm a girl...DUH. My dear husband loves to cook & I just appreciate him so much for that! He knows I will whine like a diva if I don't get to blog stalk all night. He really does enjoy cooking. He thinks he is ..you know one of those popular cooks...Paula Dean...that's all I got.
7. I do not read directions. I know that is one of my rules hanging on my ugly blue wall at school BUT I do not practice what I preach very well. I will give you a few examples of how I don't read what I should. I have a friend from Carmel, IN. that discovered "Airborne" will cure a hangover. She was adamant about it & even gave me a
So that's it..... now I've just shared how
weird unique I really am. Please don't leave me :) It was easy hard to think of 7 things I have never told you about. I have some BIG NEWS that I will be sharing in the next few days. I need to award 7 bloggers this very award so stay tuned my friends.