Friday, August 5, 2011

Peace Themed Word Wall & 1st Grade Blog Author Opportunity

Hello from Kentucky! Yes, I'm in Kentucky right now for the Route 127 sale! I just LOVE the southern accents out here :o) BUT, I don't think they like mine :o( I have been repeating myself for 2 days now....seriously!  I think us Chicagoans talk too fast...lol. I have found many treasures today including 4 lava lamps for my peace themed classroom....S..C..O..R..E! I got a Candy Land board game...I use just the game board & figurines but use sight word cards & addition/subtraction games with it. I think I have 7 boards already. I found the game "upwords" & plan on using the letters for "word work". I also found two mini chairs which I posted on my FB page that I plan on redoing with some Dr. Seuss magic. I might even jazz one up with some peace signs & tie dye. I promise I will post pictures when I get done...which might not be until Christmas break since I will be spending every waking moment in my classroom starting on Monday! Now onto my latest peace creation....
Don't mind the red outline...I work on a pc...for now...& when I do "snippets" it just does it automatically. Check out my word wall on TPT HERE.


IF THERE IS A PARTICULAR WORD WALL THEME THAT YOU ARE INTERESTED IN JUST LEAVE ME A COMMENT & I WILL WORK ON IT! I AM STARTING TO TAKE REQUESTS FOR THINGS SO PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT OR EMAIL ME (ON SIDEBAR). 


Now for some info for all you first grade bloggers out there. There is an opportunity that I surely am not passing up & I wanted to let you know about it as well!  



Click on Primary Connections to get in on all the fun. 
Here is some info directly from their site.

A first grade collaboration of bloggers?

Questions:
  • Would you be interested in joining this type of blog?  (If this is an idea that others would jump on board and participate in, I will ask for more specific information at a later time)
  • I think a blog can have 100 authors so I imagine it would be a first come first serve option so that it is fair to all?
  • I will try to create some kind of poll on Sunday so we can vote from the suggested names list.
Submit Blog Name Deadline:  Sunday
Please blog about this so we can get more 1st grade bloggers on board and involved
    Suggested Names so far: Thank you for participating!!
    1. "First Grade Connections"   **
    2. "Frills and Thrills in First" or "Frills and Thrills in First Grade"
    3. "Fairly First" (not sure what that name would imply, but I like alliteration)
    4. "Floss Flowers in First" or "Little Floss Flowers of First" (it's a flower...and it starts with an "f", lol)
    5. "Leaping into First" *
    6. "Flavors of First" or "Flavors of First Grade"
    7. "Fundamentally First"
    8. "Burst Into First"     *
    9. "Detecting a great year in First Grade"  *
    10. "Teaming up in First"
    11. "The First Grade Team"
    12. "Collaborators in First"
    13. "Collaborators of First"
    14. "Team First"  *
    15. "First Grade Think Tank"
    16. "First Grade Talking Points"
    17. "First Grade Headquarters"
    18. Note-able First Grades
    19. First Foundations

    * = Vote
    Peace, Mel D 

    3 comments:

    1. Love your peace word wall!! Have you seen the adorable little flower children at Thistle Girl? So cute!! I am also doing a peace theme in my room, but no tie-dye. I'm old enough to remember tie dye!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I would love to see a "bug" themed word wall! :)

      Thanks.

      ✿Brittney

      Teach.Pray.Love

      ReplyDelete
    3. I just found your blog and purchased some of your Peace items. I have done this theme for 2 years now and didn't really know this was all out there. To get my kids' attention and quiet, I say "Groovy first graders!" and they say "PEACE!" with their 2 fingers up and they have to be looking at me and stop what they are doing. I love it!!! I look forward to seeing more of your neat Peace ideas!

      ReplyDelete