Holla if you like linky parties! I know I do! I am hosting my very FIRST linky party & I hope you all will join in on the fun & swap some ideas before we go back to school!
My linky party is going to be about classroom jobs. Even when I taught kindergarten my little ones had jobs. Isn't part of our responsibility to teach them responsibility? I just love when they come in on the first day and think you are going to do EVERYTHING for them, don't you? Well, after a few years of just having one classroom assistant I said forget this I'm putting these little ones to WORK! Here is a pic of my current classroom job chart.
As you will see every one of my students has a job. They will have the job for a week & then I rotate the jobs down. On Mondays I always have a crowd @ the door because they are looking to see what their job is that week. And believe me if I forget to change the jobs they let me know RIGHT AWAY! The following is a list of jobs & their responsibilities:
1. Paper Passer: This job is to pass out all lessons & this lucky booger gets to pick someone :o)
2. Mail Carrier: This person loads all the mail into their homework folders (see pic below), which are empty by the end of the day.
3. Door Holder: This person holds the doors for specials, recess, etc.
4. Directions Director: If a student didn't hear the directions from the teacher they go directly to the "Directions Director" to find out the directions.
5. Cubby Inspector: This person checks the cubbies after the bell in the morning & before the dismissal bell. If anyone leaves anything on the floor they owe a warm fuzzy for each item.
6. Morning/Name Homework Checker: This student checks to make sure all homework is handed in BY THE BELL & each paper MUST have a name on it...if not, guess what..yup they owe a fuzzy.
7. Zoo Keeper: This student keeps control of all the animals in the room...no I don't mean the kids silly..I mean the stuffed animals :o) The Zoo Keeper was doing their job during our penguin unit :oP
8. Substitute: This student takes the job of any student that is absent.
9. Chair Checker: This student makes sure all the chairs are put on top of the desks before the dismissal bell..if it's not..yup they owe me a fuzzy.
10. Messenger: This student runs notes to the office & runs notes to my friends down the hall :o)
11. Board Cleaner: This person cleans off the very small part of my dry erase board that shows.
12. Teacher's Assistant: They are busy all day! They love this job because they help me all day!
13. Scrap Monster: This person picks someone at the end of the day & checks under everyone's desk. If they have anything under their desk (pencils, paper, erasers, etc) they owe me a fuzzy. If they are clean & organized then they get a fuzzy.
14. Line Leader: Not only does the line leader lead the line they also get to pick "THE SECRET WALKER STICK!". Learn about that here.
15. Homework Passer: This person gets to pick several friends to help pass back homework. This helps them with name recognition especially in the beginning of the year.
16. Afternoon Homework Checker: This student picks someone to help them empty all the folder's above which are filled with homework. They put a sticker on their homework chart & then neatly places it in the green basket.
17. Desk Inspector: This student gets to check everyone's desk on Friday for "desk check". If they have two nice neat piles & everything is in it's place the Desk Inspector gives them a fuzzy & they get "desk check"...basically an extra recess.
18. Pencil Sharpener Monitor: This student keeps an eye on the pencil cups below
If pencils need to be sharpened then they pick a friend to help them sharpen. I have two electric sharpeners & one manual. They also call quiet tables after lunch to sharpen pencils. They only have 2 opportunities to sharpen pencils & this eliminates constant disruption during lessons.
19. Food Patrol: This student picks a friend & they carry the container filled with home lunches to the cafeteria.
20. Lunch Count: This student makes sure everyone has picked their lunch by the bell. When I am ready for the count they count the colors & report back to me. It's empty in the pic below.
One additional job I will have next year will be an "Electrician" & they will turn on & off the lights as well as the Smart Board. I'm looking for more ideas.
What kind of jobs do you have in your classroom? PLEASE grab my button below, blog about the linky party & link up below & lets share ideas.