Monday, June 6, 2011

Bulletin Board Linky Party

This is my main calendar area....notice how I integrate Spanish. The kids LOVE this! They think they leave my room speaking fluent Spanish....too cute!

I apologize for me being in the pics...I am looking for just BB pics & can't find them. This is when our school theme was "Ride the Wave". On the surfboard I put "Mrs........School of Fish with their names on fish. The background was water paper & I cut off a raffia table skirt & stapled it to the top.I used sandpaper on the bottom & hot glued shells for the sandy beach. I also used cut up flower leis necklaces for a border.

This is our school wide AR board that I did for our theme "Garden of Learning".


Here is my Dr. Seuss themed word wall....you can probably tell I'm obsessed with Seuss!

Here is my long list of jobs. As we know our little kiddos need to learn responsibility & each child in my room has a job every week. They LOVE it & it helps me out too!
Here is our school wide AR bulletin board for the "Ride the Wave" theme last year. I kinda copied the one in my room.
This is one of my faves! Obviously this is for the "Ride the Wave" theme but for my grade level. For the letters I just used a wave font & printed on cardstock. I stapled the ocean animals...LOVE the 3D effect of the animals & our leis.

This is my grade level BB for our theme "Garden of Learning. I used DJ's for the slogan...which took FOREVER...BUT it was worth it. I stapled garden gloves in the corner, 3D bugs & flowers. It looks super cute up close & it stayed up all year. I also hot glued little bugs to the flowers in the pots.
For the letters I used red letters from Dollar Tree which aren't perforated at all! I put black dots on all the letters to go with the ladybugs. I put each student's name on the little ladybugs. This went with our "Garden of Learning" theme this year.
The slogan says "The Sun Is Always Shining In Our First Grade Garden". I took each child's pic on the first day of school & placed it on a sun for the whole year.
This was taken towards the end of the year. The slogan says "Welcome to Ms. Alonzo's Garden of Learning". I got married in April but still went by Ms. Alonzo :o). This is put on the back of bookshelves but it held up nicely. For the letters I traced them on springlike scrapbook paper..it took forever to do but it turned out really nice. I might use my cricut for my "Hollywood" themed classroom next year.






6 comments:

  1. I love your "Ride the Wave" bulletin board! Our school theme is oceans next year, so I might just have to borrow this idea for our grade level BB! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get the Seuss cards for your word wall? I am doing all out Dr. Seuss and would LOVE to do that next year!!

    Heidi Raki
    http://rakiradresources.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Heidi I got them from Really Good Stuff. I actually cut them apart. Here is a link for you. Thanks for stopping by :)

    http://www.reallygoodstuff.com/product/dr+seuss+alphabet+line.do?sortby=ourPicks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your job chart. I also love the idea of each student having a job. Could you tell me what jobs you have?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas! Loved the job chart and the "catch the waves" board. :-)

    misst4th.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete